Corporate structure, operational system and personnel
Asset management companies must implement a reliable operational system that supports segregation of duties, compliance, risk management, recruitment and monitoring of business operation. The system should also strengthen efficiency of internal control and recordkeeping for audit trails, and enforce an information barrier (Chinese Wall) to safeguard non-public information that could cause conflicts of interest.
• Notification of the Association of the Investment Management Companies No. SorJorKor. Ror 1/2544 Re: Investment Ethics and Codes of Conduct;
Advertisements on sale promotion of mutual funds must not contain any misleading or false information. Meanwhile, asset management companies must provide investors with appropriate services and complete information on mutual funds, especially those with special features.
• Notification of the Capital Market Supervisory Board No. TorThor. 35/2556 Re: Standard Conduct of Business, Management Arrangement, Operating Systems, and Providing Services to Clients of Securities Companies and Derivatives Intermediaries (Codified);
• Notification of the SEC Office No. SorThor. 10/2558 Re: Rules on Advertisement and Sale Promotion for Securities Companies and Derivatives Intermediaries.
To ensure that investors receive services to which they are entitled, and to maintain the same standards across the industry, asset management companies must comply with the rules and regulations on mutual fund management, e.g,, offering and redemption of investment units, fees and expenses, net asset valuation, payment in kind and merger and amalgamation of funds.
• Notification of the Capital Market Supervisory Board No. TorNor. 27/2552 Re: Rules, Conditions and Procedures for Establishment and Management of Funds (codified);
• Notification of the SEC Office No. SorKhor/Nor. 23/2552 Re: Rules, Conditions and Procedures for Management of Funds.
Last updated on
26 January 2015